The lab serves as a:
- Product dissection space for SE 101 – Engineering Graphics and Design project teams,
- Collaborative design space for SE 402 – Computer-Aided Product Realization,
- Reverse engineering (3D printing, 3D scanning), digital prototyping, and concept design resource for U of I students,
- Resource for international and local service groups like Engineers without Borders (EWB) and the annual Health Make-a-thon.
- Resource for CAD-based engineering education research activities on a wide array of topics, including collaborative design, reverse engineering, building energy modeling, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and appropriate technology.
All our courses have one pre-requisite: Passion for design! We invite students from across the campus to signup for our courses. Your major is not important to us: after all the man behind the legendary iPhone didn’t even have a college degree.
Check out some of our fun 3D prints and find out what we are prototyping today!
Room 207: Transportation Bldg., 104 S. Mathews Ave., MC-238
Urbana, IL 61801, USA