The Product Design Laboratory is a Lab within the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering (ISE) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It was created in 2007 through funding provided by the College of Engineering. Since then the lab has benefited from additional support from industry, including Autodesk and Hewlett Packard. The lab serves as a
- Product dissection space for GE 101 – Engineering Graphics and Design project teams,
- Collaborative design space for GE 402 – Computer-Aided Product Realization,
- Reverse engineering (3D printing, 3D scanning), digital prototyping, and concept design resource for UofI students,
- Resource for international service student groups like Engineers without Borders (EWB),
- Resource for CAD–based engineering education research activities on a wide array of topics, including collaborative design, reverse engineering, building energy modeling, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and appropriate technology.
All our courses have one pre-requisite: Passion for design! We invite students from across the campus to signup for our courses. Your major is not important to us: after all the man behind the legendary iPhone didn’t even have a college degree.
Contact us: email@example.com
Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Room 207: Transportation Bldg., 104 S. Mathews Ave., MC-238
Urbana, IL 61801, USA
P: (217) 244-0401